Hi! Please don't forget to label your posts with the date the reading is due and your name and last name. So, for example, for the first blog post I would label my post with these two tags "09/11/2014" and "Ali Bolcakan" [without the quotes of course].

10/08/2014

"Religulous"


Bill Maher in "Religulous" was rude in some ways, because he did criticize religions. However, when he explained how some religions force or impose their beliefs on others, I agreed with the idea that people should be free to have religious discussions and not feel afraid. Also, he stressed the concept of “doubt” and how it’s okay to have it. And I agree with that, sometimes people argue on matters even with they're wrong just to stay adamant in their claims. What I had a problem with was how he was very a staunch believer in promoting Athiesm, instead of arguing that religions may not have the right answer and they may also not be wrong either. Doubt could work for him too. He should also be able to critique science and how he lives. He should try to see the positives in religion too. He said the absence of religion would solve problems, but what about how religion can solve problems? It was a hasty generalization.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.