Hi! Please don't forget to label your posts with the date the reading is due and your name and last name. So, for example, for the first blog post I would label my post with these two tags "09/11/2014" and "Ali Bolcakan" [without the quotes of course].
10/27/2014
Cristal Kim 10/28/14
I found it really helpful that the readings were translated into three different versions; it illustrated how each viewed and read the text. Even the smallest changes in the translations conveyed different tones about the readings. They illustrated different details and affected how I viewed the Qur'an, and consequently how I viewed other religious texts; I have no formal education on the Bible or Qur'an, but I the limited texts I have read from both, seem to be similar. The translations of all religious texts reflect the writer's own perspective and what they deemed to be vital to the religion. Comparing the texts was helpful to further understand how the Qur'an is viewed and interpreted by others.
Labels:
Cristal Kim
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree that having the three translations made for a better picture of the readings. It was beneficial for me to get to see how three scholars viewed these readings through their respective lens. I also was surprised to see how Islam connected with Christianity and Judaism in all these readings.
ReplyDelete