Hi! Please don't forget to label your posts with the date the reading is due and your name and last name. So, for example, for the first blog post I would label my post with these two tags "09/11/2014" and "Ali Bolcakan" [without the quotes of course].

10/22/2014

Book of Daniel

The Book of Daniel was quite the interesting read. It was oddly satisfying to find out the King's dream and read its interpretation as representations of the kingdoms that will come after Nebuchadnezzar. The revelations of the other kingdoms and their interpretations of each rise and fall are also represented in interesting ways; the interactions between the rams is quite the image to play out in the mind, especially with the branching horns and their strange numbers.

Revelations was also interesting because of its interpretations; as mentioned in the readings and by other posts, I found it particularly interesting that apocalypse simply meant revelation. I can now make a guess as to why Ali pointed out the multiple meanings of "martyr" at the end of last class, but I can not be completely sure if this was the direction in which he was headed.

2 comments:

  1. I also found it very interesting that revelation meant apocalypse, and now it makes sense why the book of revelation has the name that it does. This does relate back to the multiple meanings of the word martyr. I think this means we as a society should be aware of the many different meanings of a single word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed this idea of apocalypse meaning "revelation" is such a recurrent theme in many of the readings we had. It's very interesting to understand the revelation part of an apocalypse.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.