Hi! Please don't forget to label your posts with the date the reading is due and your name and last name. So, for example, for the first blog post I would label my post with these two tags "09/11/2014" and "Ali Bolcakan" [without the quotes of course].

10/22/2014

Book of Daniel

After reading the text, I was really impressed by how complex the Bible is.  The Bible is like the human body, and the parts that it consists of are like the organs inside the human body.  Besides that observation, this was the first time where I really noticed the presence of apocalyptic events in religious texts.  I think the events that occurred in the Book of Daniel teaches an important lesson.  Although I looked at it from a non-religious point of view, I thought the message was very powering.  This is how I interpreted it: In times of crisis and oppression, stay faithful in the fact that the problem will work its way out.

3 comments:

  1. Your first comment made me laugh a little. And when you think about it, it's totally true.
    Good interpretation of the Book of Daniel. I agree, it seemed to be looking towards the future and was a hopefully-apocalyptic story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your interpretation of the bible for its moral message, rather than as a historically truthful text. This is one thing that I found most interesting about our readings, especially in relation to Augustine's interpretation of the bible. It makes more sense to me (and always has) to interpret such religious texts in terms of symbols and moral messages. I think that the text holds much more truth when examined in this way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I've been wondering why we're reading all this religious text, but to me this makes a lot of sense now, because the Book of Daniel is supposedly the first story of an apocalypse!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.