Hi! Please don't forget to label your posts with the date the reading is due and your name and last name. So, for example, for the first blog post I would label my post with these two tags "09/11/2014" and "Ali Bolcakan" [without the quotes of course].
10/16/2014
Gilgamesh
I had heard of Gilgamesh in my world history class in high school. I knew it was about a man who sought out the answers to immortality. However this video showed me that there was so much more to this story. This epic is an extremely intricate and detailed work that really resonated with me. I think it resonates with almost everyone, because it depicts human emotions. This video showed me how people thousands of years ago felt and thought the same way we do today. It also shows me how people look for the same answers that people did thousands of years ago. I felt it very interesting how Gilgamesh influences many people today. I was surprised when the speaker talked about how Gilgamesh influenced Sadam Hussein and many others. This epic is also a very meaningful because it shows how even though we cant be immortal we should live our lives happily and with meaning.
Labels:
10/16/14,
Akshay Jain
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with what you said and yes in my AP World History class we briefly discussed the Epic of Gilgamesh as well, but this video definitely filled in some gray areas which I had difficulty understanding back in 10th grade.
ReplyDeleteI agree, it's a very thought provoking story. It showcases such raw, human emotions, especially in that Gilgamesh cried for Enkidu for 7 days and 7 nights. To see that we can relate to a story from so long ago shows that we are not all that different from our ancestors.
ReplyDelete