Hi! Please don't forget to label your posts with the date the reading is due and your name and last name. So, for example, for the first blog post I would label my post with these two tags "09/11/2014" and "Ali Bolcakan" [without the quotes of course].

10/22/2014

Apocalyptic Books

Growing up in the Christian faith I was aware that the book of Revelation was apocalyptic literature and that it is a prophecy about how the world would come to an end. However, what I did not know was the apocalyptic features of the book of Daniel. When you analyze the two books you will find similarities between the two. One similarity were the beasts that the two prophets saw when they had their visions. They both spoke of the leopard, bear, and lion. Another thing that appeared in both books was the son of man appearing on a cloud. The book of revelation and the book of Daniel seem to be the same book just written by a different person.

1 comment:

  1. There is a common assignment to Revelation as a Christianized interpretation of Daniel. I find this opinion to be very interesting because it tends to downplay the divine nature of both texts, and in many cases, it is religious scholars (they are religious, not just studiers of religious texts) who draw this conclusion. At the very least, I suppose one could say that this contributes to the argument for the consistency of the Bible, but I'm more inclined to lean towards the thought that the Bible contains many meticulously thought out connections which without careful analysis seem to align nearly perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.