Hi! Please don't forget to label your posts with the date the reading is due and your name and last name. So, for example, for the first blog post I would label my post with these two tags "09/11/2014" and "Ali Bolcakan" [without the quotes of course].
10/20/2014
Gilgamesh
I found it very interesting that Gilgamesh was 2/3 divine and 1/3 human... such an interesting division math-wise! It makes him more humanlike and relatable, but still with powers that no other man has. What I found to be most interesting was his relationship with Enkidu. He was so ruthless with his power, raping women and such, but then Enkidu came along. Suddenly his selfishness was translated to compassion for another person, and he was a different man because of it! It's not very often to hear of a selfish god crying over the death of another... but to be fair, of course, he was still 1/3 human.
Labels:
10/16/2014,
Julia Dooley
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.