Hi! Please don't forget to label your posts with the date the reading is due and your name and last name. So, for example, for the first blog post I would label my post with these two tags "09/11/2014" and "Ali Bolcakan" [without the quotes of course].
10/27/2014
Qur'an Selections
It was difficult to understand each of the different translations at first, but after some rereading I was able to catch on and grasp what was being said. What I found most interesting about these readings was how it talks about the stories of the other religions that are similar to the ones in the Qur'an. It says that the fact that these stories are similar to past religion's stories proves that the Qur'an is more reliable and in fact more true, because these stories have been refined throughout the years. In my opinion, and in the opinion of Bill Maher in Religulous, the fact that these stories have been repeated leads me to believe that maybe they aren't as reliable as some people may think... but that's just my opinion.
Labels:
10/28/2014,
Julia Dooley
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Maybe I'm being too optimistic but instead of making these texts unreliable, I think it reflects humanity as a whole. The similarities prove that we are in fact almost the same despite our beliefs, and I think that shows a whole different side of humanity that society isn't ready to accept at times.
ReplyDeleteI agree with your premise that maybe the true meaning of these stories that Islam also portrays may have been shrouded due to the generations of people passing these stories down to others. Often times when this happens, humans inadvertently make their own additions to these stories and hence distort the true meaning of these texts
ReplyDelete