Hi! Please don't forget to label your posts with the date the reading is due and your name and last name. So, for example, for the first blog post I would label my post with these two tags "09/11/2014" and "Ali Bolcakan" [without the quotes of course].

11/10/2014

Bounty

I found Bounty to have a quite similar plot line, or even a similar monomyth to several of the stories in things such as The X-Men, the first and most noticeable similarity being that both are thinly veiled or completely evident metaphors for the racism that was ever present throughout western history, dealing not only with the slave trade, which is only really evident in Bounty, but also the segregation and disgust with the Flawed's, quite similar to the mutants. The story makes a big point of how society has digressed, suggesting that not all change is positive, and that history is doomed to repeat itself over and over, apocalypse after apocalypse.

1 comment:

  1. I thought your comparison to X-Men was very interesting. I didn't even consider it while reading. The parallels to racism are also very powerful.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.