Hi! Please don't forget to label your posts with the date the reading is due and your name and last name. So, for example, for the first blog post I would label my post with these two tags "09/11/2014" and "Ali Bolcakan" [without the quotes of course].

11/06/2014

Blackhole Comics

I chose to talk about the part during which Rob disappears and Chris goes to meet her best friend Marci for solace and comfort. This occurred in page 285 when Marci was showing Chris a picture of Marci and her friend going to a concert. Chris thought that the picture looked stupid and blatantly expressed her views, this caused Marci to become angry and lash out at Chris. Marci told Chris that she doesn't appreciate how her friend is criticizing her so much and says that she doesn't criticize Chris for her "fucked up life." She even goes on to say how she has a life and has to wake up early in the morning to go to school whereas Chris will just sleep the whole day. I found this passage very interesting because it shows how the friendship between two very close childhood friends takes a turn for the worse and it also foreshadows the end of this friendship. It shows you how time and distance can undo and weaken friendships. This has also been very true for me and I'm willing to bet for a lot of others as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.