Hi! Please don't forget to label your posts with the date the reading is due and your name and last name. So, for example, for the first blog post I would label my post with these two tags "09/11/2014" and "Ali Bolcakan" [without the quotes of course].
11/11/2014
Bounty
I found Bounty to be a really engaging, enjoyable novella. I would be interested in reading some of the other things written by George Saunders. The story line was a very clear manifestation of the Hero's Journey, and it was interesting to see which portions of the plot correlated roughly with the defined stages. The stage I thought was especially poignant was the 'Bestowing of Knowledge'. Not only does Cole embark on this journey to save his sister, he continues on to fight for the rest of the Flaweds, because he realizes the importance of this fight for their society as a whole. This is such an important stage of growth for individuals, because only when people learn to act altruistically can society truly see change.
Labels:
11/11/14,
Kaia Hayes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.