Hi! Please don't forget to label your posts with the date the reading is due and your name and last name. So, for example, for the first blog post I would label my post with these two tags "09/11/2014" and "Ali Bolcakan" [without the quotes of course].
11/10/2014
Bounty
I saw some very similar themes in Bounty as those we saw last week in Black Hole. It is interesting to see how people can be demonized for such simple deformities. It also draws a parallel to the modern issue of homosexuality: People fear what they are unfamiliar with. It is such a difficult issue to approach. How do we cause people to understand the things they fear without infringing on their right to be afraid? To paraphrase a Galileo, "You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him to find it within himself." Throughout Bounty, I was unsure of how it was all going to wrap up. When he finally makes it to his sister and things seem to be going well for him, I got scared that it was going to end that way, with no powerful moral message. But I was satisfied overall with how it ended. I think it was a noble choice to leave the comfort of his life with his sister and her lover in order to fight for the rights of all Flawed.
Labels:
11/11/2014,
Casey Batterbee
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I too was very satisfied with the ending as it gave the novella and Chris's life a greater meaning. I also saw many parallels between this novella and Blackhole especially between the Flawed's and the infected people in Blackhole with the 'bug." Lastly I couldn't help but draw a parallel to Connie's tail and Eliza's tail.
ReplyDelete