Hi! Please don't forget to label your posts with the date the reading is due and your name and last name. So, for example, for the first blog post I would label my post with these two tags "09/11/2014" and "Ali Bolcakan" [without the quotes of course].

12/08/2014

Fourth Essay Idea

For my fourth essay, I plan on exploring the second prompt about our ability or inability to define a particular zombie genre.  I will research the different types of prominent zombie texts, and compare and contrast their qualities.  I will analyze what zombies stand for in particular texts and mediums such as The Walking Dead, Zombieland, and Day of The Dead, just to name a few.  I am open to suggestions on what zombie oriented mediums and texts would be most interesting to write about.  I will also research the origin of the notion of zombies, and how this has developed over time.  I will discuss what zombies do or do not stand for, and if there is a common theme throughout the texts that emphasize what zombies symbolize.

1 comment:

  1. I think this will be an intriguing topic to write about, and it appears as if you have a pretty clear idea of what direction you want to take this essay. Your use of contemporary film medium such as The Walking Dead, Zombieland, and Day of the Dead will provide for a very compelling discussion about the zombie genre as a whole, and I think you will be able to knock this essay out of the park!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.