Hi! Please don't forget to label your posts with the date the reading is due and your name and last name. So, for example, for the first blog post I would label my post with these two tags "09/11/2014" and "Ali Bolcakan" [without the quotes of course].

12/13/2014

The Walking Dead

There was a particular part that I want to talk about, and it's the last part of the graphic novel, beginning with when Shane punches Rick. It's when you finally get to see all the pent up energy and emotions from all the characters present themselves. Shane's face when Lori calls him a "fucking lunatic" is heart wrenching. Instead of getting angry, Shane is heartbroken and shocked, and this makes it feel so real to the reader and it made me feel honestly bad for Shane, despite Shane's bad attitude towards Rick. I compare this compassionate feeling I have towards the characters in the graphic novel to the video game, and there's such a large difference. In the video game I have no feelings for any of the characters. Everyone just gets angry at each other in the video game, and it's very graphic in an almost stomach-churning way... I didn't feel any emotional attachment to the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.