Hi! Please don't forget to label your posts with the date the reading is due and your name and last name. So, for example, for the first blog post I would label my post with these two tags "09/11/2014" and "Ali Bolcakan" [without the quotes of course].

12/03/2014

Walking Dead

I had always heard from everyone how great this show is, but I never really got myself to sit down and actually watch an episode, let alone read the comic book. It was really exciting and it does reveal a lot about some qualities and afflictions humans personally face, even though it was about zombies. The end part where the son saves the dad from Shane was very touchy and beautiful. It was nice to see strong family bonds. The show sort of took that scene in a different way. The father kills Shane, but the son still saves the dad by killing Shane as he wakes up from the dead. I also enjoyed the drama in the story. It relates to many shows that I watch where the girl has to pick between two guys. It also sheds some ideas about the reason Lori doesn't pick Shane; she has to stay loyal and committed to Rick because she is married to him. Shane becomes somewhat irrelevant and it was very sad and interesting to see how he spirals and dies. Overall, great show and story! It really is what the author said in the beginning of the book; it shows a lot of "reflections" of what friends, neighbors, and families might react and do in such extreme situations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.