Hi! Please don't forget to label your posts with the date the reading is due and your name and last name. So, for example, for the first blog post I would label my post with these two tags "09/11/2014" and "Ali Bolcakan" [without the quotes of course].

12/03/2014

Walking Dead

I have been watching this show for about three years now and I can say that it is one of my most favorite shows. It is not like other zombie based cinematography with mindless gore and violence but has an intricate plot. This was also pointed out by author Robert Kirkman when in he says these comics "show us gore and violence and all that cool stuff too... but there’s always an undercurrent of social commentary and thoughtfulness." I am well versed with the T.V. show so watching the episodes again was refreshing, however I never read the comics and was glad to have been given the chance to do so. I noticed many differences between the comic and the show. I noticed that the comics had many different characters and didnt even include some of my most favorite characters, such as Merle and Daryl. It also has an altered but very similar plot line. All of volume one of the comics is basically equivalent to the first two seasons of the T.V show. One of the main reasons I also enjoy this show a lot because it also shows the moral conundrums and decisions that the protagonist Rick Grimes has to face. For example in the TV show in episode 12 of season 2 Rick has to kill his best friend Shane and goes through so much pain doing so.

2 comments:

  1. I have never seen the show before, and I ended up enjoying it more than I thought that I would. I think I judged it by its cover a little, labeling it as some zombie show that I wouldn't have any interest in. Your point that there is method behind its madness is very valid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with the differences you found between the comic book and tv show. It took me a while to notice them, but it was very interesting to note the similarities and differences.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.