Hi! Please don't forget to label your posts with the date the reading is due and your name and last name. So, for example, for the first blog post I would label my post with these two tags "09/11/2014" and "Ali Bolcakan" [without the quotes of course].
12/08/2014
12/09/2014 Ian Crowley
For my final essay I will be comparing various movies, television shows, video games and comics that exist within the zombie genre. Specifically I will discuss how the zombies and human characters are portrayed in each type of media. I will analyze the weak points and the strong points of each type of media and their portrayal of a zombie apocalypse. Furthermore, I plan to explain what makes some shows, movies, video games, etc. better and more successful than others. Some media from the zombie genre that I will be discussing in my essay may include, The Walking Dead series, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, and I am Legend. I may also try to include an analysis of what the zombie genre represents and explain what makes it a significant form of expression in our contemporary society.
Labels:
12/09/2014,
Ian Crowley
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like the idea you have for your last essay and I think the variety of sources you are considering including will assist in exploring this topic. I also appreciate your consideration of how the genre affects modern society.
ReplyDeleteI also really like this idea of yours because it is quite similar to mine as well. I find it very interesting how you will choose to delve into different zombie medias which will highlight where the Walking Dead lies in comparison to them.
ReplyDelete