Hi! Please don't forget to label your posts with the date the reading is due and your name and last name. So, for example, for the first blog post I would label my post with these two tags "09/11/2014" and "Ali Bolcakan" [without the quotes of course].
12/07/2014
Plans for Final Essay
For my final essay, I plan on writing about the allegorical significance of zombies. I think this is a really interesting topic that many people overlook since zombies are so prevalent in mainstream media through movies, TV shows, books, video games, etc.. I believe zombies are intended to represent the lack of humanity associated with the human body. Although the eyes, nose, mouth, etc. of a person play a part in determining their humanity, they do not signify who a person is. It is people's internal aspects that make them human, and zombies are so interesting because they solely represent the body of a person, and not their mind. I hope to find some good articles related to my topic and I am looking forward to delving into a topic I do not have much familiarity with.
Labels:
12/9/14,
Alex Kendig
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I will be tackling this issue in a section of my essay as well, and I find this idea of humans without humanity very interesting. One implication that comes from this aspect of zombies is the fact that the killing of them is "guilt-free".
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great topic for an essay and is somewhat similar to what I plan on writing about for my own essay. I really like the idea of the zombies only representing the body of a person, and not their true mind. That is something I think about a lot in regard to the zombie genre. Sounds like you have some really cool ideas for your essay. I, too, can't wait to delve into this topic.
ReplyDelete